Apply ForVISA to France
India and Nepal
- France Visa Application Center in Hyderabad
- A Schengen visa has to be obtained from the Embassy/Consulate of the country where the main purpose of travel lies. Therefore, please check your travel plans before making your application. In case of travel to multiple Schengen countries, please make your application to the Consulate where you will be staying for the maximum number of days, and from the Point of First Entry into the Schengen Countries, if the duration of stay is the same in more than one Schengen Country.
- Interview requirement: -. If applicant is holding a Schengen, UK, US and Canada visa which is issued and the validity within last 2 years interview will be waived.
- If applicant wants to reschedule the interview date they should visit VFS one day before the date of reschedule
- For all long term category interview is mandatory
- Apart from Indian passport holders interview is mandatory.
- If any documents are not submitted as per the checklist interview will be scheduled.
New Visa Application Procedure at the Consulate General of France in Bangalore
The Consulate General of France, Bangalore is pleased to introduce a new facility to meet the ever-increasing demand for French Visa among Indians. It is our constant effort to provide greater comfort and convenience to our visa applicants.
Premium Service Lounge (Optional)
The VFS Global Premium Service Lounge facility is available at the visa application center in Bangalore, The Premium Lounge Service includes:
- Separate lounge with personalized service by dedicated staff
- Faster submission of applications at the visa application center
- Courier return of passport
- SMS alert on the status of your application
- Photocopying and photo booth service for your documents
What does it cost?
The Premium Service Lounge facility costs Rs.1250 (inclusive of taxes) per applicant. This charge is in addition to the visa application fee and VFS service charges.
How do I book?
To book an appointment kindly visit: http://www.vfs-france.co.in/scheduleanappointment.html
France Visa application Centre at Bangalore
The French Consulate, Bangalore is pleased to announce the opening of their Visa
Application Centre operated by VFS Global Services Private Limited in Bangalore
effective 3rd October 2011.
It is reminded that applications for Schengen Visa or France National visa can be submitted at VFS
Prestige Atrium, No 1, Central Street
Bangalore - 560001
Applications could also be submitted with prior appointment at the Consulate General of France in Bangalore at the following address:
Consulate General of France in Bangalore
No 21, Palace Road, Vasanth Nagar, Bangalore 560052Tel: +91 80 22141200
Effective 2 May 2012, all first time travelers applying for their visa at the Consulate General of France Bangalore should appear for an interview at the Consulate the very next working day, after submitting visa application with mandatory documents at VFS Global.
Collection of Passport
- Representative or Travel Agent - Authorization letter on the letter head of the company and the official ID card
- A person collecting on behalf of Govt. officials if authorized on the Govt. letter head or department
If any of the above comes for passport collection they need to carry the following documents
- Original ICR
- Photocopy of Govt. ID card
- Authorization Letter from applicant / Travel Agency
List of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa Procedure
The Schengen States Consular Representations have approved the following list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa procedure:
Insurance Companies List as on 1 March 2015
Consular Representations of Schengen States also approved specific travel medical insurance policy schemes for corporate and group travels of individual travel insurance companies on this list with 70 years of age as upper limit of appropriate coverage.
Visa Applicants are advised to note that other travel medical insurances issued by Indian Insurance Companies are not accepted for Schengen Visa procedure. However, visa applicants may seek to obtain insurance in any other country where claims against the insurance company would be recoverable in a Schengen State
Visa applicants for a Schengen visa for one or two entries shall prove that they are in possession of adequate and valid travel medical insurance to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death, during their stay(s) on the territory of the Schengen States.
Visa applicants for a uniform visa for more than two entries (multiple entries) shall prove that they are in possession of adequate and valid travel medical insurance covering the period of their first intended visit. In addition, such applicants shall sign the statement, set out in the application form, declaring that they are aware of the need to be in possession of travel medical insurance for subsequent stays.
The insurance shall be valid throughout the territory of the Schengen States and cover the entire period of the person’s intended stay or transit. The minimum coverage shall be EUR 30 000.
Applicants shall, in principle, take out insurance in their country of residence. Where this is not possible, they shall seek to obtain insurance in any other country. When assessing whether the insurance cover is adequate, consulates shall ascertain whether claims against the insurance company would be recoverable in a Schengen State.
Dear Applicants/Representatives/Travel Agents,
This is to bring to your notification that effective 2 January 2013,
All Short Term and Long Term Visa Applications for France under the Jurisdiction of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh are to be submitted at VFS Visa Application Center in Bangalore
Appointments would continue to be booked online.
Schengen visa community charter
(Implemented as on 5 April 2010)
No more Transit (5 days) Visa: Short Stay Visa (max. 90 days) becomes the norm
Processing time: 3 calendar days, extendable to 15 days
if additional enquiries are needed
New Application Form (downloadable from our site)
Traveler’s passport must contain 2 empty pages face to face
Passport must be less than 10 years
Special rate (35€) for children between 6 and 12
- The face must fill 70 to 80 % (top of head to chin) of (color) photograph (i.e. 31,5 to 36mm for a 35x45 mm picture)
What does not change?
List of required documents
Airport Transit Visa for Indian Nationals
Visa fees (except above category)
territorial competence strictly limited to residents Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
- Please note
- Current and old passport copy first and last page, any old Schengen, UK and USA visa copies issued within last five years are mandatory documents