Apply ForVISA to France
India and Nepal
- France Visa Application Center in Ahmedabad
- France Visa Application Center in Goa
- France Visa Application Center in Pune
For all the regular applications, if three or more documents are missing, the application will not be accepted at the France Visa Application Centre, Mumbai. All the documents need to be in the same order as mentioned in the Requisite Documents list.
Important: Please note that, all the mandatory documents have to be provided at the time of application submission at VFS Global. The Consulate may reject the visa in case of incomplete documentation.
There will be a service charge of Rs. 935/- (inclusive of service tax) levied per application over and above the visa fees. The visa fee and service charge are payable in cash at the time of submitting your application. Applicants can also opt for the option of courier service at an additional charge of Rs. 300/- (inclusive of service tax 12.36%) per application.
Submission of Visa application and collection of passports can be done by the following:
1) Applicant themselves
2) Authorized representative
3) Authorized travel agents
Please note that for any retrieval of passport/s to or from VFS Global, an applicant/representative/travel agent has to necessarily carry a copy of their identification (passport or a driving license or PAN card or voter-identity card) and the original fee receipt issued at the time of application submission. In case a representative/travel agent is coming for collection of passport, they need to carry a a proof establishing their relationship with the applicant and original authority letter from the applicant authorizing the representative/travel agent to collect applicant passport on their behalf.
Click here for latest Schengen States Consular Representations approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa Procedure.
Visa Applicants are advised to note that other travel medical insurances issued by Indian Insurance Companies are not accepted for Schengen Visa procedure. However, visa applicants may seek to obtain insurance in any other country where claims against the insurance company would be recoverable in a Schengen State
Visa applicants for a Schengen visa for one or two entries shall prove that they are in possession of adequate and valid travel medical insurance to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death, during their stay(s) on the territory of the Schengen States.
Visa applicants for a uniform visa for more than two entries (multiple entries) shall prove that they are in possession of adequate and valid travel medical insurance covering the period of their first intended visit. In addition, such applicants shall sign the statement, set out in the application form, declaring that they are aware of the need to be in possession of travel medical insurance for subsequent stays.
The insurance shall be valid throughout the territory of the Schengen States and cover the entire period of the person’s intended stay or transit. The minimum coverage shall be EUR 30 000.
Applicants shall, in principle, take out insurance in their country of residence. Where this is not possible, they shall seek to obtain insurance in any other country. When assessing whether the insurance cover is adequate, consulates shall ascertain whether claims against the insurance company would be recoverable in a Schengen State.
New long stay (national) visas equivalent to a residence permit
As of 1 June 2009, holders of long stay visas for France (3 months +) will be exempted from applying for a residence permit (carte de sejour) at the Prefecture after their arrival in France.
Beneficiaries of the reform
- foreign dependents of French Nationals
- temporary workers
- Employees on assignment
- Applicants for skill and expertise permit
- Children joining primary/secondary schools in France
The new provisions are valid for metropolitan France, French Overseas Departments (Guadeloupe, Guyanne, Martinique and Reunion) as well as St Pierre and Miquelon. They do not extend to the French Overseas Territories of New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Wallis and Futuna and Mayotte.What are the implications for the visa applicant
- As holder of a long stay visa, you no longer need to apply for a residence permit at the Prefecture.
- The applicant must enclose with his application a document called Attestation OFFI Form PDF that will have to be posted by registered mail to the local “Delegation territoriale de l’OFII” within three months of arrival in France - Addresses can be found at the back of the Attestation OFII or online at website of the OFII.
- Note that this registration process is compulsory and non-compliance will result in the person being considered illegal by the French Authorities.
- Holders of one of these visas are allowed to travel in all Schengen States for a period of stay up to 3 months within the validity of the visa.
- Visa processing time will be about one week (depending on nationality and purpose of stay).
- The application form
- The supporting documents.
- It is Mandatory to visit the France Visa Application Centre, Mumbai to submit the application along with the applicable visa fees and service charges of Rs. 935/- per application and courier fees Rs. 300/- (optional). Applications can also be submitted by authorized representatives and/or travel agents.
- Once the application and fees are submitted to VFS Global, the applicant will be given an Invoice cum Receipt.
- All processed passports can be collected at the France Visa Application Center from Monday to Friday between 09:00 – 17:00 for applicants and authorized representatives and between 15:00-17:00 for travel agents.
- You are requested to carry the original fee receipt issued by VFS Global at the time of submission for collecting your passport. If you wish to send a authorized representative or a travel agent kindly send an original Authority Letter along with the original fee receipt. Please note that it is mandatory for all representatives / travel agents to provide a proper, clear photo identity of self at the time of collection of the passport.
Click on respective purpose of travel from the links below for more details:
Effective immediately Consulate General of France in Mumbai will stop issuing the "Ordinary Transit visas" (B type). Instead all applications for Ordinary Transit visa “B Type” (Including Seaman Transit Visas) will be issued "Business Schengen visas" (C type)Click here for documents for Dependant married to French nationals