Apply ForVISA to France
With effect from 01 April 2013, the Biometrics at the France Consulate will be scheduled after 2 working days from the date of submission of the application at France VFS Mumbai.
France Mumbai VFS will be closed on 11 April 2013 on the account of Gudhi Padwa. All the applications accepted on 10 April 2013 will be scheduled for Biometrics at the France Consulate on 12 April 2013.
This is to bring to your notice that any group application will be accepted 10 days prior to the Group Day appointment at the France Consulate Mumbai. Also, if 2 or more documents are missing in any single application of the group, that application will NOT be accepted at France Visa Application Centre Mumbai.
For all the regular applications, if three or more documents are missing, the application will not be accepted at the France Visa Application Centre Mumbai.
All the documents need to be in the same order as mentioned in the Requisite Documents list.
With effect from Monday, 14 January 2013, all Long Stay applicants residing in Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Diu and Daman will have to submit their Long Stay applications at France Visa Application Centre (VFS), Mumbai and go for their Biometric test at the France Consulate the next working day.
With effect from Monday, 21 February 2011, all residents of the states of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh need to submit their visa applications at the Consulate General of France in Bangalore.
Applicants staying in the states of Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Diu and Daman fall under Mumbai jurisdiction and need to apply at the France Consulate Mumbai.
Visa Application Procedure at the Consulate General of France in Mumbai
With effect from 13th November 2006 every applicant (12 years and above for a Schengen visa and 6 years and above for a long stay/national visa) is required to complete the process of finger-printing at the office of the Consulate General of France at: Wockhardt Towers, 5th Floor, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai – 400051.
Please note that, children between 6-12 years of age must be present at the consulate for the photograph biometry.
Step 1: Applicants wishing to apply for a transit visa ,short stay visa up to 90 days and Long Stay visa are required to submit their applications after taking a prior appointment either at the France Visa Application Centre at: France Visa Application Centre, 2nd Floor, Aurum House, Plot no.25, Dadyseth Lane, Chowpatty Band Stand, Near Bombay Garage, Babulnath, Mumbai-400 007 or at the French Consulate"
Appointments can be taken online at www.vfs-france.co.in or by telephoning the France Visa Call Centre in Mumbai (phone number: +91 022 67866014). The Internet facility is available 24x7 while the phone-in facility is available 0800-1700 hours, Monday-Friday.
Step 2: On the day of submission every applicant will be given an interview appointment with the office of the Consulate General of France for the next working day. The interview appointment is for completing the process of biometrics. It is a MUST for every applicant to visit the Consulate office in person.
IMPORTANT: Please note that, all the mandatory documents have to be provided at the time of submission at VFS. The French Consulate may reject the visa in case of incomplete documentation. Applicants are no longer given the facility of submitting the missing documents at the Consulate at the time of Biometrics.
There will be a service charge of Rs. 764/- (inclusive of service tax) levied per application over and above the visa fees. The visa fee and service charge are payable in cash at the time of submitting your application. Applicants can also opt for the option of courier service at an additional charge of Rs. 204/- per application.
Submission of Visa application and collection of passports can be done by the following:
1) Applicant himself.
2) Representative authorised
3) Travel Agents authorised
Please note that for any retrieval of passport/s to or from VFS, an applicant/representative has to necessarily carry a copy of the identification (passport or a driving license or PAN card or voter-identity card). In case a representative is coming for collection of passport he needs to carry a photo id of himself and a proof establishing his relationship with the applicant and an authority letter from the applicant.
Processing time for short stay passports will be 15 working days (Excluding day of submission at VFS) effective 29 May, 2012 and the collection of passports will happen through VFS.
New long stay (national) visas equivalent to a residence permit
As of 1st June 2009, holders of long stay visas for France (3 months +) will be exempted from applying for a residence permit (carte de sejour) at the Prefecture after their arrival in France.
Beneficiaries of the reform
- foreign dependents of French Nationals
- temporary workers
- Employees on assignment
- Applicants for skill and expertise permit
- Children joining primary/secondary schools in France
The new provisions are valid for metropolitan France, French Overseas Departments (Guadeloupe, Guyanne, Martinique and Reunion) as well as St Pierre and Miquelon. They do not extend to the French Overseas Territories of New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Wallis and Futuna and Mayotte.What are the implications for the visa applicant
- As holder of a long stay visa, you no longer need to apply for a residence permit at the Prefecture.
- The applicant must enclose with his application a document called Attestation OFFI Form PDF that will have to be posted by registered mail to the local “Delegation territoriale de l’OFII” within three months of arrival in France - Addresses can be found at the back of the Attestation OFII or online at website of the OFII.
- Note that this registration process is compulsory and non-compliance will result in the person being considered illegal by the French Authorities.
- Holders of one of these visas are allowed to travel in all Schengen States for a period of stay up to 3 months within the validity of the visa.
- Visa processing time will be about one week (depending on nationality and purpose of stay).
- The application form
- The supporting documents.
- Appointments can be taken online at www.vfs-france.co.in or by telephoning the France Visa Call Centre (VFS) in Mumbai (phone number: +91 022 67866014) or at the French Consulate. The helpline facility is available from 0800-1700 hours, Monday-Friday.
- It is MANDATORY to first visit the France Visa Application Centre (VFS - 2nd Floor, Aurum House, Plot no. 25, Dadyseth Lane, Chowpatty Band Stand, Near Bombay Garage, Babulnath, Mumbai 400 007) to submit the application along with the applicable visa fees and VFS charges of Rs. 764 and courier fees Rs. 204/- (optional).
- Once The application and fees are submitted at the VFS, the applicant will be given an Invoice cum Receipt which will mention the time and date of the interview and Biometric at the France Consulate.
- Address of the Consulate General of France (Wockhardt Towers, 5th Floor Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400 051).
- Post Interview and Biometric at the Consulate General of France in Mumbai, all processed passports can be collected from the France Visa Application Center from Monday to Friday between 1600–1700 hours. You are requested to carry the original fee receipt issued by the French Consulate at time of submission for collecting your passport.
- If you wish to send a representative or a Travel Agent kindly send an Authority Letter along with the original fee receipt. Please note that it is mandatory for all representatives / travel agents to provide a proper, clear photo identity of self at the time of collection of the passport.
to schedule an appointment
Click on respective purpose of travel from the links below for more details:
Effective immediately Consulate General of France in Mumbai will stop issuing the "Ordinary Transit visas" (B type). Instead all applications for Ordinary Transit visa “B Type” (Including Seaman Transit Visas) will be issued "Business Schengen visas" (C type)Click here for documents for Dependant married to French nationals
Important-Passport which are more than ten years old as on date of visa application will not be accepted for visa processing. *If the process for a new passport has already been initiated and the new passport can be submitted during biometrics then the visa application can be submitted to VFS with the old passport copy.
NOTE: Kindly cancel all your appointments at least one day prior if your travel plans are cancelled or postponed to avoid any NO SHOW. To cancel the appointment, please click on the link Schedule appointment > Cancel appointment or you may call our helpline at 022 67866014