Apply ForVISA to France
India and Nepal
Please be informed that The Consulate General of France in Mumbai has declared a ‘No Application day’ for: VFS Mumbai, Pune, Goa and Ahmedabad on 29 October 2015 and 30 October 2015.
Important Notice: New application procedures from 02 November 2015
All diplomatic and consular Schengen missions in India will introduce Visa Information System (VIS) on 02 November 2015. This System enables better data exchange between all Schengen member states. VIS eases application procedures and improves security. Since 2011 VIS is already established in most of 23 regions worldwide. By the end of 2015 all visa sections of Schengen countries worldwide will be equipped with VIS.
Applicants applying from 02 November 2015 for a Schengen visa will need to appear in person in order to provide biometric data (fingerprints and photograph). This is a simple and discreet procedure. To read more, click here.
Premium Service Lounge (Optional)
The VFS Premium Service Lounge facility is available at the Joint Visa Application Centre in Mumbai. The Premium Lounge Service includes:
- Separate lounge with personalized service by dedicated staff
- Faster submission of applications at the visa application centre
- Courier return of passport
- SMS alert on the status of your application
- Photo booth and photo copying service of your documents
What does it cost?
The Premium Service Lounge facility costs Rs.1250 (inclusive of taxes) per application. This charge is in addition to the visa application fee.
How do I book?
To book an appointment kindly mail us at Premiumlounge.West@vfshelpline.com
Passport Collection Process:
The Consulate General of France in Mumbai has implemented a change in arrangement for the collection of passport(s) from VFS Visa Application Centre. With effect from 2 February 2015, third party collection of the passports will not be permitted, except in the following cases:
- Immediate Family Member (i.e. Parents, Children, Siblings)
- One member of a group collecting for the entire group
- A person collecting on behalf of Govt. officials if authorized on the Govt. letter head or department
- Representative of a company - Authorization letter on the letter head of the company and the official ID card
- Photocopy of Govt. ID card
- Original ICR
- Authorization Letter from applicant
Applicants who do not wish to collect their documents in person and whose documents cannot be collected by one of the above should pay a compulsory courier charge (INR 300/-) at the time of submission.
The applicants are requested to mention the complete delivery address on the covering letter. In case no specific address is mentioned on the covering letter, the passport will be sent to the address mentioned on the Visa Application Form.
This procedural change is to ensure the safe and secure return of documents to applicants.
Applicant's passport will NOT be couriered to their travel agencies 'addresses as directed by the Consulate.
Click here to download the Courier and SMS request form for Business address
Click here to download the Courier and SMS request form for Residential address
The Consulate of France, Mumbai is pleased to introduce a new facility to meet the ever-increasing demand for French Visa among Indians. It is our constant effort to provide greater comfort and convenience to our visa applicants, applicants can also apply at the below mentioned France Visa Application Centers:
- France Visa Application Center in Ahmedabad
- France Visa Application Center in Goa
- France Visa Application Center in Pune
Important: Please note that, all the mandatory documents have to be provided at the time of application submission at VFS Global. The Consulate may reject the visa in case of incomplete documentation.
The visa fee and service charge are payable in cash at the time of submitting your application.
Submission of Visa application and collection of passports can be done by the following:
1) Applicant themselves
2) Authorized representative
3) Authorized travel agents (Collection is not possible by the travel agents)
Click here for latest Schengen States Consular Representations approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa Procedure.
Visa Applicants are advised to note that other travel medical insurances issued by Indian Insurance Companies are not accepted for Schengen Visa procedure. However, visa applicants may seek to obtain insurance in any other country where claims against the insurance company would be recoverable in a Schengen State
Visa applicants for a Schengen visa for one or two entries shall prove that they are in possession of adequate and valid travel medical insurance to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death, during their stay(s) on the territory of the Schengen States.
Visa applicants for a uniform visa for more than two entries (multiple entries) shall prove that they are in possession of adequate and valid travel medical insurance covering the period of their first intended visit. In addition, such applicants shall sign the statement, set out in the application form, declaring that they are aware of the need to be in possession of travel medical insurance for subsequent stays.
The insurance shall be valid throughout the territory of the Schengen States and cover the entire period of the person’s intended stay or transit. The minimum coverage shall be EUR 30 000.
Applicants shall, in principle, take out insurance in their country of residence. Where this is not possible, they shall seek to obtain insurance in any other country. When assessing whether the insurance cover is adequate, consulates shall ascertain whether claims against the insurance company would be recoverable in a Schengen State.
New long stay (national) visas equivalent to a residence permit
As of 1 June 2009, holders of long stay visas for France (3 months +) will be exempted from applying for a residence permit (carte de sejour) at the Prefecture after their arrival in France.
Beneficiaries of the reform
- foreign dependents of French Nationals
- temporary workers
- Employees on assignment
- Applicants for skill and expertise permit
- Children joining primary/secondary schools in France
The new provisions are valid for metropolitan France, French Overseas Departments (Guadeloupe, Guyanne, Martinique and Reunion) as well as St Pierre and Miquelon. They do not extend to the French Overseas Territories of New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Wallis and Futuna and Mayotte.What are the implications for the visa applicant
- As holder of a long stay visa, you no longer need to apply for a residence permit at the Prefecture.
- The applicant must enclose with his application a document called Attestation OFFI Form PDF that will have to be posted by registered mail to the local “Delegation territoriale de l’OFII” within three months of arrival in France - Addresses can be found at the back of the Attestation OFII or online at website of the OFII.
- Note that this registration process is compulsory and non-compliance will result in the person being considered illegal by the French Authorities.
- Holders of one of these visas are allowed to travel in all Schengen States for a period of stay up to 3 months within the validity of the visa.
- Visa processing time will be about one week (depending on nationality and purpose of stay).
- The application form
- The supporting documents.
- It is Mandatory to visit the France Visa Application Centre, Mumbai to submit the application along with the applicable visa fees and service charges Applications can also be submitted by authorized representatives and/or travel agents.
- Once the application and fees are submitted to VFS Global, the applicant will be given an Invoice cum Receipt.
- All processed passports can be collected at the France Visa Application Center from Monday to Friday between 09:00 – 17:00 for applicants and authorized representatives.
Click on respective purpose of travel from the links below for more details:
Effective immediately Consulate General of France in Mumbai will stop issuing the "Ordinary Transit visas" (B type). Instead all applications for Ordinary Transit visa “B Type” (Including Seaman Transit Visas) will be issued "Business Schengen visas" (C type)