Apply ForVISA to France
The Consulate General of France, Puducherry is pleased to introduce a new facility to meet the ever-increasing demand for French Visa among Indians. It is our constant effort to provide greater comfort and convenience to our visa applicants.
France Visa application centre at Puducherry
The French Consulate, Puducherry is pleased to announce the opening of their Visa Application Centre operated by VFS Global Services Private Limited in Puducherry effective 7th June 2010.
It is reminded that all visa applications can be submitted either at VFS Chennai (Old No:2 New No:3, Sadasivam street, Gopalapuram, Chennai-600086) or VFS Puducherry (Unit No:32, Eswaran Kovil Street, Puducherry-605001) with prior appointments.
Schengen visa has to be obtained from the Consulate of the country where the MAIN PURPOSE OF TRAVEL lies. Therefore, please check your travel plans before making your application to the French Consulate. In case of travel to multiple Schengen countries, please make your application to the Consulate of Schengen state where you will be staying for the maximum number of days.
IMPORTANT NEWS !!!!
Dear Applicants/Representatives/Travel Agents,
This is to bring to your notification that effective 3 December 2012,
All Long Term Visa Applications for France under the Jurisdiction of Tamil Nadu, only Puducherry and Kerala are to be submitted at VFS Visa Application Centers in Chennai and Puducherry
Appointments would continue to be booked online.
All long term applicants have to appear in person during submission at VFS France Visa Appplication Centers.
SCHENGEN VISA COMMUNITY CHARTER
(Implemented as on 5th April 2010)
- No more Transit (5 days) Visa: Short Stay Visa (max. 90 days) becomes the norm
- Processing time: 15 calendar days, extendable to 30 days if additional enquiries are needed, exceptionally 60 days should the need arise
- New Application Form (downloadable from our site)
- Traveller's passport must contain 2 empty pages
- Passport must be less than 10 years old
- Special rate (35€) for children between 6 and 12
- The face must fill 70 to 80 % (top of head to chin) of (colour) photograph (i.e. 31,5 to 36mm for a 35x45 mm picture)
- Applicants with circulation visa valid more than 6 months can travel to DOM/CTOM on short term
WHAT DOES NOT CHANGE?
- List of required documents
- Airport Transit Visa for Indian Nationals
- Visa fees (except above category)
territorial competence strictly limited to residents of Puducherry Union Territory, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andaman & Nicobar Islands